Wednesday 15 February 2012

ACTIVITY ON TREE DIAGRAM

Tree diagrams are most often drawn above the item being diagrammed. A tree consists of nodes. A node has a label, for example NP for noun phrase, VP for verb phrase, and so on. The node at the very top of the tree, the one from which all the others ultimately derive, is called the root of the tree. The nodes are connected by lines, known as edges. The terminal nodes of our diagrams, the ones without any children, are known as the leaves of the tree. They will contain labels for the word categories of each word. Every sentence can he analysed at four distinct form levels: the word-level, the phrase-level, the clause-level and the sentence- level. And this is called the rank scale.
I have prepared a worksheet which consists of 2 sentences to be analysed using tree diagram and I have exchange my worksheet with my partner Christine Jane. I have to correct up worksheet that done by my partner with my own answer scheme. It was quite hard to prepare a worksheet where I have to make sure that my partner can answer the worksheet that was prepared by me.  Through this activity, I get more confident in learning sentence structure where I have learned a lot of thing from my partner and the mistakes that I had done. I think it is very important as a future English teacher to master the sentence structure in order to produce a good writing in English language.

No comments:

Post a Comment